Friday, October 30, 2009

The Story Continues

I woke up and I had trouble opening my eyes. I had been in surgery for many hours, but I had no idea. I was in pain, but mostly out of it. I was told the next day that they had found positive lymph nodes and would have to go through chemo and radiation. I went home a few days later with drains in and pain meds to keep me comfortable. I met with the oncologist not too long after that. What a depressing appointment that was. I left angry and in tears because he went over all of the statistics and the treatment plan. I know that is what they need to do, but it is hard to take after just having surgery and still being in a lot of discomfort. I was told I needed to have a port placed (more surgery) and would start chemo in just weeks. WOW! What a difference a few weeks can make in your life. I was overwhelmed, but I trust my Lord and knew that everything would be ok. It is hard to explain, but He told me that I would be ok. Not in an audible voice, but I knew it was Him and I had no fear. Thou shall not die but live and shall declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord. Amen! Ok, so the next step was the port placement. They have to put you under for that, so back to the hospital. I didn't cry with the mastectomy, but this time I bawled. I think it was just everything going on. I was supposed to wake up very shortly after the procedure because they gave me "twilight" anesthesia. When my dad had that he was awake in less than an hour. Three hours later they were still trying to wake me up and get me out of the outpatient room! This was on a Friday and I was to start chemo on Monday. I will tell you about that next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment